Followers

Friday, January 9, 2009

maddening

My son is a klutz, I have taken him for stitches 3 times in his 3.5 years, he has only had to get stitches once though.

Today he was trying to climb up onto the couch and fell backwards hitting the sharp corner of our (about to be firewood) coffee table. He SCREAMED like I have never heard him scream before. I ran to him and he ran to met and we met in the kitchen and I couldn't see why he was screaming so loudly. Until I turned him around and saw the back of his head. Blood was literally gushing. I was so scared I frantically called (poor) Donovan and he said to call an ambulance. I decided against it since I couldn't see a large gash, there was just a lot of blood.

rag #2
Photobucket

rag #3
Photobucket

rag #1 was thrown away and there was a #4 and #5 on the way to the doctors office.

So I jump in the car and we head to the doctors office, I call on the way there to let them know I am coming and they inform me that ALL of the doctors AND nurses were at lunch together. HUH? Are you kidding me?

So I decide to go to Urgent Care, I get there and it's an after hours urgent care so it doesn't open until 6:00pm. Ooookkkkay. I call the doctors office back and we have an appointment at 2:00, an hour and a half from that point. I am deciding if I should just go back home but I think it should be looked at no matter what.

Here is the back of his head after I cleaned it up a bit:
Photobucket

and his neck:
Photobucket

There wass also blood all over my face, hands and shirt!

He's fine now, the doctor did a thorough examination and said just not to wash it for 2 days and if he starts to vomit to bring him back in.

What a day! I'm ready for bed (at 3:15pm) and in my jammies!