Followers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

to hug or not to hug?

I was walking out of the grocery store about an hour ago and a girl in her early 20's was walking and holding a baby right in front of me. Her cell phone rings and within a minute she is hysterical, crying and screaming, she stops and puts the baby in the car and is parked right next to my car where I am loading groceries into the trunk. I was about to go up and ask her if she was ok and give her a hug but then all of my stranger/germs/rejection fears popped into my head. I quickly got over it and was about to walk over to her when her mom walks up pushing the cart with all the groceries and asks her what is wrong and hugs her. She told her mom that a friend was in a coma after being in a really bad accident overnight. So here's my question...

would you hug a stranger? I felt awkward but I was going to do it, next time I will.