Followers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pismo

We love it there! The weather is amazing, the people are awesome, the city is so much fun. My grandparents and parents have shares from Pismo Coast Village so we stay for freeeee! Here are a few photos from our trip:

Check out this pile of firewood! All the crates on the left are full of wood too. We had a fire going almost all day long.

Photobucket


We bought a bike trailer (although we bought this one for $99!)and the kids LOVE it. We took multiple rides throughout the day. I wish our neighborhood was less like a race track so I could use it more. I'm too chicken.

Photobucket

Isa's new thing is to pose with her eyes closed, I think it's adorable.

Photobucket

On Monday we went to Santa Maria Discovery Museum it is an awesome kids museum. They have a veterinarian exhibit, a healthy restaurant, farm exhibit where they have a real tractor for the kids to sit on, a real boat, a real beach, a pirate ship, so many things. If you are ever in the area you must go there! Our favorite part is the HUGE craft table with tons of silly things to glue on. Isabella made a bird all on her own, isn't it cute?!

Photobucket


They also had this really cool interlocking block system to create houses, we made a maze, the kids loved this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

They love us so much they named a street after Donovan!

Photobucket

We went to the pier almost every night to see the sunset, I took this photo and this bird walked into my shot. I love the look on his face "what are you doing lady??"

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the way back we found that Zach had fallen asleep on Isa's shoulder! She wasn't too pleased with it.

Photobucket

The next day my good friend Heather, who's mom is a guide at Hearst Castle got us free tickets for a tour there (thanks mom!) so we got to spend the day together. The best part was the bus ride with a group of German tourists who kept singing the Madagascar theme song "I like to move it move it, we like to move it move it, we like to MOVE IT!" I heard them sing it a few times, and the song is STILL stuck in my head!

Here we are at Hearst:

Photobucket

Here are a few photos that I took, we were a little rushed and there were lots of people so I didn't get as many shots as I wanted...and some are crooked...grrr!

Photobucket

The breathtaking pool:

Photobucket

I loved the gardens and the fixtures:

Photobucket

And this door, it is real gold!

Photobucket

The HUGE dining room ceiling had saints carved out of it, it was awesome.

Photobucket

Here is the awesome indoor pool, the upper area is a diving area.

Photobucket

The stairs to the pool are solid marble:

Photobucket

LOVE this statue, I took a photo of the $30 print in the gift shop hoping it would look good but it doesn't. I thought I might be able to find a print for cheaper but I am having trouble! I might go back and buy it someday.

Photobucket

The next few days we just hung out, lots of bike rides, we went swimming a few times. We had a great time. I can't wait to go back in November!