Followers

Friday, August 22, 2008

hello, is this Isabell's mom?

Me: yes, this is Isabella's mom
coach: hi, she has a game tomorrow
me: um, for what?
coach: a soccer game, you signed her up right?
me: yes, but this is the first thing I have heard about it
coach: ok well she can come tomorrow
me: um, ooookkkk
coach: she will need cleats and shin guards and the game starts at 9:00am.
me: I don't think I will be able to get them by 9:00am (she called at 8:30pm!)
coach: ok, well she can come anyway
me: can she just watch, because I think she will just stand there clueless otherwise
coach: yes, she can just watch
me: oookkk, see you tomorrow then
coach: ok, bye
me: bye?

My first thought after hanging up is...is this the way it is supposed to be? No practice before a game? Have they been practicing for weeks and we just weren't told about it? How am I supposed to know which team she is on when I go to this field tomorrow?

What did I get us into?!