Followers

Friday, February 6, 2009

chivalry, Honda and doughnuts

I went to the Honda dealer after going to Kragen, Pep Boys and some other place who's name I can't think of. None of them knew what wipers my Civic needs, well, I take it back...Kragen said they knew and sold me 2 $30 wipers that didn't fit and I couldn't find the reciept for. So I bit the bullet thinking Honda will charge me an arm, a leg and perhaps a spleen for these wiper blades. It's raining so I park in the service area because it's covered, and I planned on giving it a try myself. I go to the parts dept. and the guy sells me new rubber for the blades and they were $7 each! WHOA!

I go out to the car and there are 4 men standing around my car, they had my wipers completely taken apart and were all ready to fix them! I gave them the rubber things and they went to work. I bucked Zach in and within 5 minutes they were done! I was so happy! I tried them and they work perfectly, not a single drop on the windshield.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the doughnut part, when the sales employee was in the back getting the part Zach noticed that there were doughnuts in the waiting room. I love doughnuts as much as my dog loves trash. As much as ducks love popcorn. It was like I heard angels singing the free doughnuts song. Then I remembered how hard I have been working in the last few weeks so lose weight so I got one for Zach and walked away. They even had my favorite kind, old fashioned and it was dipped in chocolate WITH chocolate chips on it! Pure torture!!! I walked away from them and shed a tear (inside). Zach tells me a few minutes later that he is done with his, I think, well...a half of a doughnut is better than a whole but again I decided to skip it. Darn you will power.

Anyway, this is seriously the most jumbled post ever! Sorry!