Followers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

some parents suck

I'm no where near a perfect parent, I know I yell at my kids too much and I should do more fun things with them but I am sickened by some of the parents that I have seen in the last few days.

Yesterday I drove down to Riverside around 4:00 to deliver a meal to a mom in need. I was getting back on the freeway at Central and it was pouring absolutely POURING rain. I see this kid, like 14 walking, wearing a Poly Bears sweatshirt. His jeans were completely soaked, his cheeks totally red, he was trying to warm himself up at the stop light. I put 2 and 2 together and realized that this kid had walked all the way from Poly to the Central freeway entrance in the pouring rain. What was more important than picking up your kid from school?

Crappy parent #2:
We went to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua (absolutely great movie) at the cheapo $2 theater and there were 2 little girls who were about 3 and 5 screaming and running up and down the aisles during the movie. I understand that kids are hard to control, I TOTALLY understand! But do you really need to let them run around while people are trying to watch a movie?

Crappy parent #3:
During the movie another parent had a baby and it cried for probably 30-45 minutes. Hellloo? Can you not hear your baby? Did you leave it in here and go to another movie?! Rude.

Ok, step aside while I step off my soap box. Thanks.