Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

a fantastic idea

I read about a cheap and great window/mirror cleaner. It is 1/2 gallon of water, 1t of dish soap and 1t of cornstarch. I applied it with a sponge and then used a squeegee to clean it off wiping the squeegee with a towel each time. I worked WONDERFULLY! My windows look gorgeous!! I also used it to clean the patio tables and the barbeque. I am so excited about this, cleaning with windex and paper towels seems like such a waste and not very effective!!

We also cleaned and organized the garage, it looks awesome, here are a few photos:
Here is our tool wall, everything hung up is so helpful! The water jugs are for an emergency and the boxes on the left have firewood in them for our next camping trip.
Photobucket

all the bins have different things in them, car washing supplies, dog and cat supplies, sprinkler parts, tennis rackets and balls, rags...etc.
Photobucket

this isn't all that organized but the trash can on the ground is for soda cans and the one on the wall is for bottles, that way I don't have to seperate the sticky cans at the recycling place.
Photobucket

I helped Donovan clean off his workbench, it was completely covered in junk! He is not at all organized and couldn't care less! P.S. those are our old kitchen cabinets, pretty cool, huh?!
Photobucket

I love getting things done, we spent money on lunch and dinner today...that's it! I would rather spend a day working on our house more than a day at the mall anyday!