Followers

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

coffee review

So I like "coffee" not straight coffee but coffee with lots of stuff added to it! I also love Chai tea and espresso drinks. So here is the rundown on my favorite local places.

1. Coffee Depot in the old Santa Fe Depot in downtown Riverside
Delicious coffee, great ambiance, excellent service

2. eeer...I don't know what it's called but it's the itty bitty drive through place on Indiana between Madison and Adams.
Delicious Chai and they gave Zach a free cup of chocolate milk once.

3. It's a Grind (now Jazz and Java?) in Mission Grove
although the customer service sucked they made a yummy drink and had some really creative choices

4. Java Bliss on the corner of Arlington and Magnolia
not many options and the service was sorta slow but the drink and pastry (shhh!) were delish and the place was so cool. There was also so amazing artwork on the walls.

5. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on Alessandro near Wood
The service was outstanding, the coffee eh. I also had tea leaves in my caramel espresso thingey (machiatto at the bucks). Zach's chocolate milk was really good though, I may get that for me next time!

6. Starbucks on Day street
I rate this last because almost every week they mess up my order. It's about 50/50 there. Other Starbucks do a much better job but that's the closest drive through so I take my chances!

Let me know if there are any local coffee places that you know and love, I am always down for something new.