Followers

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Somebody stop me!

This little piece has been screaming for a makeover for a long time.  I used Annie Sloan French Linen again and on the top I used Java Gel.  This was my first time using java gel and I am in love!  It went on smoothly and the color has great pigment. 


I bought it from a shop that has long since closed.  It was a wine cabinet,  the 2 little shelves used to be made for wine bottles but donovan made shelves for it.  

here is what I used.  TSP is the only prep I did.  It removes oils so the paint adheres better.

I have used this spray paint on everything so why stop now?!  
After gel stain coat #1 one of the cats decided to add their own distressing.  Luckily it sanded off easily before applying coat #2.
I LOVE it!!!!!  
See how rich the black is?!  Gorg!  
What's next????